My roommate Emily let me know that there are only 15 days of school left for this semester, that's when it all hit me. I'm twenty years old. I live in an apartment with 3 other girls. I'm a JUNIOR in college, working at a job I love, and spending money that I make all by my self. In less than two years, I will done with my bachelor's, hopefully working on my master's, and could possibly be living with Lauren in California.
Where did all the time go? Seems like just yesterday I was on the swings in the school yard, dreading that the bell would ring in five minutes and send us back to class. Just yesterday, I was at my first concert (Backstreet Boys), singing along with every song I knew. Just yesterday, I was getting ready for prom with my best friend, laughing about how we ended up having to be each others dates. Just yesterday I was looking at colleges and deciding what would be best for my future. Just yesterday.
So many things have changed over the years- my taste in music, the clothes I wear, how I style my hair... but then there are those things that have stayed the same throughout all of it... my passion for animals, the things that make me laugh, and most importantly, the love of my friends and family.
I am constantly reminded of how blessed I truly am. I have a great family, whose love and support will always be right there for me no matter what. We sure can get on each others nerves, but nothing can destroy our bond. Then there are my friends... my friends are my backbone; I know that no matter what, they would be there to catch me if I fell. Sometimes, I can't even differentiate my friends from my family (and in some cases, my friends ARE my family [Lala!]) because they both inspire me in such a powerful way.
No matter what happens, there are some things that will always remain the same. I love you guys. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You think the time has flown by, just imagine how I feel. But everyday and every year is a new and exciting chapter in your life and I am so proud and happy to be a part of it. You are one very special daughter and I am sooooooo proud of you.
Are you surprised I found this blog so quickly? I am.
Love,
Mom
being your prom date wasn't THAT bad :)
i love you too hulie :)
you don't write blogs anymore :(
Post a Comment